A trickle really. Something the bilge pump could keep up with, but something that clearly was a serious issue. Last fall when she was pulled out, it was very clear the trickle was a loose bunch of stuff holding the stern tube into place (but mostly just barely in place). Some digging and peeling cutting and chipping, I ended up with a nasty discovery.
So I found the leak. I spent much of the winter thinking hard about it. Recently, I went down to dig some more. And this what we found.
So, now the ideas are flowing in, what can I do remove and replace the wood in such a way as to make it much stronger than the rotten ply was and to seal off the leak so that is all ends up a strong solution.
And that's what's running thru my brain.